Prepare for your visit
Teachers interested in booking programs should refer to the:
Travelling more than 150km to visit Canberra? You may be eligible for the Parliamentary and Civics Education Rebate. Applications must be made to PACER before your visit, requirements and applications forms can be accessed online.
Our school programs are for one hour unless otherwise specified and are $3.50 per student, per program. We recommend a ratio of one teacher/adult per ten students to ensure required duty of care on the programs; accompanying teachers/adults within this ratio are free of charge. Any additional teachers/adults with the group will be charged the museum entry fee. Bookings for school groups are essential.
When you arrive
- Please leave all your bags on the bus (if possible), cameras may be brought inside
- Come to the entry at the western terrace side of the building at least five minutes before your booked start time
- Pay at reception by cash, credit card, EFTPOS or cheque
- Bring PACER documents for stamping
- Follow the A-frame signs to meet your presenter at the East Terrace side entry in time for your program
For community groups
The museum’s community learning program works with targeted audience groups to ensure that specific access and learning needs are identified and met.
Currently community learning offers school holiday programs during each school holiday period.
Visitors can book for school holiday programs via over the phone (02) 6270 8215 or by email.
Students with special access needs can be dropped off at the main stairs immediately in front of the building. There are disabled access ramps into the lower security entrance either side of the main stairs. Lifts provide access to all levels of the building.
Please let us know before arrival if you have a student with any special needs so we can provide support wherever possible.
We have developed Social Narratives for students on the autism spectrum visiting the museum.