Preparing for your visit
To prepare your students for their onsite visit, there are a many activities and resources available on our Learning resource page. These may also be used for student post visit learning opportunities.
When you arrive
- Please leave all your bags on the bus (if possible), small cameras may be brought inside
- Come to the entry at the eastern terrace side of the building at least five minutes before your booked start time.
- Bring PACER documents for stamping to your presenter
- Follow the A-frame signs to meet your presenter at the eastern terrace side entry in time for your program.
If you are organising a tour group (minimum 10 people) and require catering, please contact Restaurant Associates to discuss your specific needs.
- To enquire or make a booking, please call 1300 870 433 during business hours, or email Restaurant Associates.
Students with special access needs can be dropped off at the main stairs immediately in front of the building. There are disabled access ramps into the lower security entrance either side of the main stairs. Lifts provide access to all levels of the building.
We have also developed Social Narratives for students on the autism spectrum visiting the museum.
Please let us know before arrival if you have a student with any special needs so we can provide support wherever possible.
Other places to consider
The National Capital Education Tourism Project has lots of resources to help you find accommodation, tours, and ideas of places to go.