Indigenous Rights and Freedoms
An experience of Democracy
During its time as our Federal Parliament, there were many decisions made at Old Parliament House to advance Indigenous rights and freedoms. Behind these decisions were people and events that tell a rich story about our democracy and the journey that was taken by so many.
Join MoAD Learning for Indigenous Rights and Freedoms – An experience of Democracy to discover more. This 25 minute resource can be used on its own, or in conjunction with the teacher resources to help students further explore the content discussed.
Indigenous Rights and Freedoms – An experience of Democracy:
- 25 minute digital video resource for classroom use
- unpack stories of events and people associated with Old Parliament House
- content aligned to the Australian Curriculum – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures (general capabilities), Civics and Citizenship and History strands
- addresses historical thinking concepts such as sources, continuity and change, cause and effect, significance and empathy
- accompanied by additional teacher resource and activities