MoAD Junior Investigators
Have your Junior Investigators join the MoAD Learning team from their own classroom OR as individuals connecting together from their homes with their teacher, as we facilitate a digital excursion program called MoAD Junior Investigators.
This program takes students on a journey to discover the historical significance of our building, Old Parliament House – what it was used for, some important spaces, and a discussion of some of the important roles and people who worked here.
This program is suitable for students in classrooms, hospital schools and distance education settings. The program:
- visits special places in the building
- brings historical events and people to life
- uses primary and secondary sources
- involves students in group activities and quizzes
- provides pre and post activities for students and teachers
- Promotional flyer [PDF, 379KB]
- Program information pack and Curriculum Links [PDF, 761KB]
- Set-Up Instructions information pack - Teachers (PDF, 725KB)
- Set-Up Instructions information pack - Parents (PDF, 711KB)
Pre and post activities for classroom use
- Draw something you might see at MoAD/Draw a picture of something you saw at MoAD [PDF, 56KB]
- Coat of Arms – Colouring sheet [PDF, 524KB]
- Complete the picture of Old Parliament House - shapes and counting [PDF, 129KB]
What technology is needed?
Connecting for a program while at school?
All you need is the free Zoom application downloaded on ONE iPAD (similar device) which is connected to an interactive whiteboard/similar display set up in your classroom. We then send the organizing teacher a meeting number.
Connecting with students while they are at home?
Students download the free Zoom application to their chosen device (eg iPAD, smart phone) and we send the teacher contact a meeting number to send to their students – so their class can connect with us for the booked facilitated program with their teacher.
This program is free.
Terms and Conditions [PDF, 72KB]
Complete the booking enquiry form below to let us know when you’d like a program and we’ll be in touch!
Do you have a student who can't join us for the live program with their classmates? Do you need a flexible delivery option? Complete this form to obtain a pre-recorded version of the excursion.
- 1 of 4
- 2 of 4
- 3 of 4
- 4 of 4
*Australian Curriculum V8.3 – Curriculum Learning Areas