A house for all: the House of Representatives upgrades
The House of Representatives conservation work will protect and preserve the original fabric, furniture and fixtures of the Chamber, allowing the sustainable enjoyment of the space now and into the future.
What is happening?
- Render repair and painting
- Timber and furniture conservation treatment
- Glass balustrade installation
- Hearing loop installation
- Ramp installation
- Window conservation and double-glazing work
March – December 2023
- Furniture removal to offsite storage
- Scaffolding build
- Upper-level gallery works
- Main floor works
We’ll be publishing updates on the project here and on social media. Make sure you’re following for the latest on this once-in-a-lifetime project.