Portfolio Budget Statements: 2018-19 Budget
Portfolio Budget Statements: 2017-18 Budget
Portfolio Budget Statements: 2016-17 Budget
Portfolio Budget Statements: 2015-16 Budget
Portfolio Budget Statements: 2014-15 Budget
- Old Parliament House Portfolio Budget Statement (MS Word)
- Old Parliament House Portfolio Budget Statement (pdf)
- Old Parliament House Budget estimates for 2014-15
Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements (PAES) 2014-15
Portfolio Supplementary Additional Estimates statements 2013-14
Portfolio Budget Statements: 2012-13 Budget
- Our Portfolio Budget Statement is available from the Department of the Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport website
- For general information on the Commonwealth Budget, visit www.budget.gov.au
For general information on the Commonwealth Budget, visit www.budget.gov.au
Corporate and strategic plans
The Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House Strategic Framework for 2018-23 identifies our key objectives, priorities and measures of success.
The Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House Corporate Plan describes the purpose of the entity, the environmental context in which we operate, the performance measures used to assess the entity’s performance, the entity capabilities and the entity’s risk oversight and management systems. Both are available for download here, along with our organisation structure:
- Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House Strategic Framework, 2018-23 (pdf, 271 kb)
- Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House Corporate Plan 2018-19 (pdf, 303 kb)
- Museum Overview (pdf, 3.3MB)
- Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House organisation structure (pdf, 107 KB)
Statements of Expectations and Intent
Minister's Statement of Expectations
The Minister issued a Statement of Expectations to Old Parliament House in June 2017.
The Statement outlines the Government's expectations about the role and responsibilities of Old Parliament House, its relationship with the Government, issues of transparency and accountability and operational matters.
Old Parliament House's Statement of Intent
Old Parliament House responded to the Minister's Statement of Expectations in November 2017 with a Statement of Intent.
The Statement of Intent outlines Old Parliament House's high-level priorities and intentions around our role, responsibilities and relationship with government.
Reconciliation Action Plan
Through our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) we will build better organisational understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and histories. We will do this by providing training to our staff and promoting reconciliation within the government and museum sectors across Australia, including promoting the status and well-being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Reconciliation Action Plan (PDF, 1 MB)
Workplace Diversity Statement
The Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House is committed to providing a supportive, inclusive and respectful work environment that recognises and values the diversity of all its employees and visitors.
- Workplace Diversity Statement (docx, 46kb)
Disability Action Plan
As a national icon, this museum is committed to ensuring that access for all people, including people with a disability, is available to and within the building and its surrounds. The Disability Action Plan 2011–2014 is our commitment to putting in place actions to improve the visitor experience to the Museum of Australian Democracy and to help meet our obligations under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth). It also represents a positive statement of equal opportunity and leadership in eliminating disability discrimination and guaranteeing equality of opportunity for all Australians with disabilities who visit the museum.
- MoAD Disability Action Plan 2011-14 (pdf, 328 KB)
- MoAD Disability Action Plan 2011-14 (rtf, 5.78 MB)
Senate Order on indexed lists of departmental and agency files
On 14 November 1994, the Senate agreed to a motion by Senator Brian Harradine requiring all Australian Government departments and agencies to produce an indexed list of files every six months for tabling before Parliament. The production of the list is intended to make the operations of government more transparent to the Australian public.
As part of the Government's ongoing commitment to give Australians greater access to relevant government information quickly and easily, the original Senate Order was amended in 1998 and now requires departments to also list these files on their websites.
The lists are tabled twice a year, once in the Spring sittings and once in the Autumn sittings.
- Spring sittings (files created in the preceding July to December)
- Autumn sitting (files created in the preceding January to June)
- January - June 2018 (MS Word file)
- July - December 2017 (MS Word file)
- January – June 2017 (MS Word file)
- July – December 2016 (MS Word file)
- January - June 2016 (MS Word file)
Report for complying with the Senate Order on Entity Contracts
Pursuant to the Senate Order for entity contracts the following table sets out contracts entered into by Old Parliament House which provide for a consideration to the value of $100,000 or more (GST inclusive) and which:
- have not been fully performed as at 30 June 2018, or
- which have been entered into during the 12 months prior to 30 June 2018.
Most of the contracts listed contain confidentiality provisions of a general nature that are designed to protect the confidential information of the parties that may be obtained or generated in carrying out the contract.
The reasons for including such clauses include:
- ordinary commercial prudence that requires protection of trade secrets, proprietary information and the like; and/or
- protection of other Commonwealth material and personal information.
The accountable authority of Old Parliament House has assured that the listed contracts do not contain any inappropriate confidentiality provisions.
OPH estimates the cost of complying with this Order to be $425 which is based on approximately 4 hours of input from OPH staff.
2017-2018 Senate Order for Entity Contracts Listing (xlsx, 17kb)
Legal services reporting
- OPH Legal Services Expenditure 2016-17 (pdf file)
- OPH Legal Services Expenditure 2015-16 (pdf file)
- OPH Legal Services Expenditure 2014-15 (pdf file)
- OPH Legal Services Expenditure 2013-14 (pdf file)
- OPH Legal Services Reporting 2012-13 (pdf file)
- OPH Legal Services Reporting 2011-12 (docx file)
- plain html version of the Heritage Management Plan 2015-2020
- pdf version of the Heritage Management Plan 2015-2020 (11MB)
- Nomination booklet produced as part of the National Heritage List nomination process (pdf, 2.3MB)
More information about the Heritage Management Plan and National Heritage List can be found on our Heritage page.
- Old Parliament House Annual Procurement Plan is available from the AusTender website.
- Selling to the Australian Government provides valuable information on conducting business with Old Parliament House within the context of the Commonwealth procurement framework.
Buying from Small Business
Consistent with government policy, this agency encourages small business to take advantage of opportunities to provide goods and services (including requests for tender advertised on AusTender at www.tenders.gov.au). This agency complies with the government’s 30 day Payment Policy for Small Business. Payment will be made within 30 days of a correctly renders rendered invoice (or if GST applies, tax invoice). More information on the policy is available from the Department of Finance and Deregulation’s website.