APS Census results
MoAD is proud to release the highlights report of our results from the 2019 Australian Public Service Census.
Our results indicate an 18 % increase in completion rates compared to the 2018 census (53% - 71%).
MoAD has achieved an outstanding result – overall ranking in the top 5 of 97 APS agencies.
Our results reflect the positive culture of the agency and the matrix style approach we use to work with staff to draw upon their strengths; providing employees with an understanding that they contribute to the success of MoAD.
Due to MoAD being a small APS agency, career progression opportunities are limited. However, we support staff with learning and development activities, and mobility both within and outside the museum.
The results from the census will be referenced when developing or updating agency initiatives during 2019-20
Overview of results
Employee Engagement – categorised as SAY STAY STRIVE
- 84% overall positive result (a 4% increase from 2017-18, and ranking of 2nd highest agency in APS)
- 97% feel a strong personal attachment to the agency (up 12% from 2017-18)
- 81% overall positive result (a 2% increase from 2017-18, and ranking of 5th highest agency in APS)
- 92% believe their immediate supervisor cares about their health and wellbeing
- 76% overall positive result (a 6% increase from 2017-18, and ranking of 3rd highest agency in APS)
- 87% believe that it is their responsibility to continually look for new ways to improve the way we work