House rules for online participation
We’re all about celebrating the spirit of Australian democracy and the power of your voice. That means we love having conversations about history, politics, social change and rights – meaningful, though sometimes prickly, topics.
It’s important we provide a safe space for these tricky conversations, so we’ve created these house rules for online participation to ensure we’re all on the same page. These rules cover participation on our website and across all our social media communities.
We’d love to see you sharing:
- Your thoughts, ideas and questions about Australian history, politics, social change, rights and our democracy. We’ll try to respond ASAP.
- Your experiences of the museum, exhibitions, events and our collection – what you loved or what we could improve, our ears are open!
- Photos and videos of the building, the museum and the fun things you did on your visit.
What we won’t tolerate online:
- hate speech, threats, or language that intimidates, discriminates or demeans another person, religion, race, cultural, ethnic group, gender, or ability
- explicit language and images
- private information about yourself or anyone else
- allegations or accusations
- attempts to sell or promote products, services or events.
If we see these kinds of posts on our platforms, we will:
- hide or delete the post
- report the post in accordance with platform rules
- block user profiles if the negative posts continue.
These house rules cover participation on all Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House online platforms, including:
- our website and microsites
- social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- professional sites (e.g. LinkedIn)
- multimedia sites (e.g. YouTube, Flickr, and Steller)
- travel websites where we administer the page (e.g. TripAdvisor).
We monitor our sites between business hours Monday to Friday. If you have any questions about these house rules for online participation, send us an email at email@example.com.
Looking for other ways to connect with us?
You can also connect by subscribing to our e-news and supporting us.