Important Documents to help with your school visit:
Travelling more than 150km to visit Canberra? You may be eligible for the Parliamentary and Civics Education Rebate. Applications must be made to PACER before your visit, requirements and applications forms can be accessed online.
Please note, to be eligible for the Parliamentary and Civics Education Rebate, you must pre-book for a facilitated program. The PACER application must be submitted three weeks prior to your visit.
Our school programs are for one hour unless otherwise specified and are $3.50 per student, per program. We recommend a ratio of one teacher/adult per ten students to ensure required duty of care on the programs; accompanying teachers/adults within this ratio are free of charge. Any additional teachers/adults with the group will be charged the museum entry fee. Bookings for school groups are essential.
When you arrive
- Please leave all your bags on the bus (if possible), small cameras may be brought inside
- Come to the entry at the eastern terrace side of the building at least five minutes before your booked start time
- Bring PACER documents for stamping to your presenter
- Follow the A-frame signs to meet your presenter at the eastern terrace side entry in time for your program
Students with special access needs can be dropped off at the main stairs immediately in front of the building. There are disabled access ramps into the lower security entrance either side of the main stairs. Lifts provide access to all levels of the building.
Please let us know before arrival if you have a student with any special needs so we can provide support wherever possible.
We have developed Social Narratives for students on the autism spectrum visiting the museum.
If you are organising a tour group (minimum 10 people) and require catering, please contact Restaurant Associates to discuss your specific needs.
- School group packages
- To enquire or make a booking, please call 1300 870 433 during business hours, or email Restaurant Associates
How to make a Booking Enquiry:
- Your name, school and contact details, mobile number preferred
- Year group of the students visiting
- Date/s you would like to visit the museum
- Preferred program/s you wish to book
- Number of students and teachers/adults
- Any special needs or access requirements that are unique to the group
- If you are claiming the PACER rebate
- All programs have a $3.50 entry fee per student
For schools considering a visit to Canberra
The National Capital Education Tourism Project has lots of resources to help you find accommodation, tours, and ideas of places to go.Make a booking enquiry