Rights and Freedoms
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following program may contain images and voices of deceased persons
- 1 of 3
- 2 of 3
- 3 of 3
Join the MoAD Learning team from your own classroom as we facilitate a digital excursion program called Rights and Freedoms. In this program we unpack historical events to explore some of the rights and freedoms of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and how they have used their voices to create change.
This program is suitable for students in classrooms, hospital schools and distance education settings. The program:
- visits special places in the building
- brings historical events and people to life
- analyses primary and secondary sources
- involves students in group activities and quizzes
- provides pre and post activities for students and teachers
Information packs for each educational setting can be downloaded below:
- Promotional flyer (PDF, 379KB)
- Program information pack and curriculum Links (PDF, 1MB)
- Set-Up Instructions information pack - Teachers (PDF, 725KB)
- Set-Up Instructions information pack - Parents (PDF, 1MB)
Pre and post activities/sites for classroom use:
- Rights and Freedoms - Teaching resource (PDF, 694KB)
- Student Glossary – Rights and Freedoms (PDF, 674KB)
- Indigenous Rights and Freedoms – an experience of Democracy
- Marnti warajanga – a walk together
- Yes – the ongoing story of the 1967 Referendum
- Celebrating 50 years since Wave Hill
- Finders Keepers Resources
- Curators on the Couch series - Teacher PD
- Gambay - First languages interactive map
What technology is needed?
Connecting for a program while at school?
All you need is the free Zoom application downloaded on ONE iPAD (similar device) which is connected to an interactive whiteboard/similar display set up in your classroom. We then send the organizing teacher a meeting number.
Connecting with students while they are at home?
Students download the free Zoom application to their chosen device (eg iPAD, smart phone) and we send the teacher contact a meeting number to send to their students – so their class can connect with us for the booked facilitated program with their teacher.
This program is free.
Terms and Conditions (PDF, 72KB)
Complete the booking enquiry form below to let us know when you’d like a program and we’ll be in touch!
Do you have a student who can't join us for the live program with their classmates? Do you need a flexible delivery option? Complete this form to obtain a pre-recorded version of the excursion.
*Australian Curriculum V8.3 – Curriculum Learning Areas
Civics and citizenship
Civics and citizenship
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures