Is democracy in crisis?
Our new exhibition Democracy. Are you in? explores increasing levels of dissatisfaction, and decreasing levels of trust in our politicians and democratic institutions. Worldwide, there are now more regimes than there are democracies. Australia’s is one of the best in the world but we can’t be complacent – imagine life without it.
Our democracy needs us. Are you in?
Let's talkMore articles →
Let's actMore profiles →
If you’re an activist or influencer and want to be featured let us know.
Findings around trust and democratic satisfaction come from research conducted by the Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis (IGPA) at the University of Canberra.
- The Power of One Voice - Power, Powerlessness and Australian Democracy (PDF, 2.9mb)
- How Australians Imagine Their Democracy: The "Power of Us" (PDF, 5mb)
- Democracy 100 You Can Make a Difference. Towards a Charter For Australian Democracy? (PDF, 3.9mb)
- Democracy Index 2017. Free Speech Under Attack (PDF, 1.6mb)
- Globally, Broad Support for Representative and Direct Democracy (PDF, 500kb)