We’re not waiting for yesterday’s leaders to solve tomorrow’s problems.
“I am an activist because I know I am supposed to have control of every aspect of my life – and I don’t”
- 1st female Prime Minister of the National Indigenous Youth Parliament
- Addressed a crowd of 50,000 protesters on Australia Day 2017
- Australian representative at the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli landings in Turkey
"Don't be afraid to be who you are. %3Cstrong%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2Fstrong%3E
- 2016 GLOBE LGBTI Person of the Year
- 2017 Young People’s Human Rights Medal
- 2018 Victorian Young Australian of the Year
- 2018 Wear it Purple Ambassador
Image: Diversity at Deakin.
“I want to grow awareness in veterans’ mental health and suicide prevention”
- 2018 Queensland young Australian of the Year
- Advocate for veterans’ employment, health and well being
- Shares his story and life experiences to empower other injured and ill veterans
"Let us pick up our books and pens. They are our most powerful weapons."
- 2013 Author of international bestseller I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
- 2013 Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought
- 2014 Youngest person to receive Nobel Peace Prize
- 2017 UN Messenger of Peace
Image: Russell Watkins / UK Department for International Development.