Discover how Australia’s rich tradition of political cartoons can support your teaching
Examining political cartoons helps students develop media literacy skills and understand democratic freedoms within Australia’s media landscape.
Our teacher and student resources will hook students into the wonderful world of political cartooning and help you engage your students with contemporary and historical events.
How will your students be inspired to have their say?
Teacher and student resources
- Behind the Lines exhibition student worksheet - primary
- Behind the Lines exhibition student worksheet - secondary
- Hidden Meaning Revealed: teacher education resource
- Behind the Lines 2021 and previous years
- What is a political cartoon?
- How to analyse a political cartoon
- Humour and caricature
- Time to draw a caricature
Still want more? Continue exploring…
- John Frith | the art of politics, MoAD Collection
- Cartoon Analysis | John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library
- Cartoon PD in a Package | John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library